(801) 491-6931 / email@example.com
Horizontal Wedding Invitation Portfolio
You can use one of our designs and let us customize it for you, or we can create your design from something you have seen online. Just provide us a link to that site and then we can recreate and customize it for you. If you would like to come in and look at our sample book, we can also customize any design that you find there. We can mix and match designs, as well as the fonts and colors.
Creative and Cost-effective Wedding Invitation sets starting at just .43¢ per Set (includes design, printing, and matching envelope)
We can customize any of our designs and create a fully custom wedding invitation that will be perfect for your wedding!
Horizontal Wedding Invitation Portfolio
The layout and design of your wedding invitations is as important as the information you will put on it. You will want to consider the orientation of your invitation. A vertical orientation, often called a portrait mode, is the most common orientation. But there are some advantages to considering a horizontal orientation, often called landscape mode.
The nice thing about creating your invite in landscape mode is that it allows you to be more creative and flexible with your design. Using this type of layout allow you more space for design elements, such as floral patterns (BOHO) or fancy calligraphy. Landscape also allows for more of your text to be included on your invitation. Depending on how much info you want to include in, this may be a factor to consider. Some brides like to include a map to their wedding or reception location and using landscape often makes this easier.
Using a landscape orientation can also make your invite unique. Even though many wedding announcements are designed in portrait mode, a landscape orientation can make your invite stand out and be quite memorable. It can also be more visually appealing almost make it look like a piece of art. It can also make it easier for certain types of information to be displayed, such as maps, directions, and special instructions. This could be helpful for your guests, especially if these locations are not familiar to them.
Our horizontal wedding invitation portfolio is an excellent way to showcase our unique style and creativity in designing beautiful and elegant wedding invitations. These designs in a horizontal format highlight the intricate details and special features of each invitation. This portfolio allows you to see the quality and craftsmanship of our work. With a horizontal wedding invitation portfolio, you can choose a stunning wedding invitation that we can customize for you and that will capture the attention of friends and family that you wend them to.
This is the case for designing in landscape mode. It can allow for more creativity in your design, make your invitation stand out more, and be more practical for certain types of information. In other words, using landscape mode can help make your wedding invitation stand out from other modes, making it it more unique and elegant. It is perfect for contemporary, traditional, and modern weddings. While using a portrait orientation is the most commonly used format, a landscape orientation can be practical and unique.
The wedding invitation is the first glimpse that your guests get of your big day, so it’s important to make a statement! While traditional wedding invitations are vertical, horizontal wedding invitations have become increasingly popular in recent years, offering a modern and unique twist. But how do you create the perfect horizontal wedding invitation? In this article, we’ll explore everything from design to printing, helping you to create a stunning invitation that perfectly reflects your special day.
- Why Choose Horizontal Wedding Invitations?
- Designing Your Horizontal Wedding Invitation
- Choosing the Right Paper and Printing Method
- Tips for Wording Your Invitation
- Additional Elements to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions About Horizontal Wedding Invitations
Why Choose Horizontal Wedding Invitations?
Horizontal wedding invitations are a modern and unique option that can set your wedding apart from the rest. Here are a few reasons why you might choose to go horizontal:
- They offer a fresh and modern look that stands out from traditional vertical invitations.
- They allow for more creative freedom in terms of design and layout.
- They can be a great option if you have a lot of information to include on your invitation.
- They can be more practical for certain types of weddings, such as beach weddings where vertical invitations may be more likely to blow away.
Designing Your Horizontal Wedding Invitation
When it comes to designing your horizontal wedding invitation, the sky is the limit! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Start with a blank canvas: Rather than trying to force a vertical design to fit into a horizontal format, start with a blank canvas and design specifically for a horizontal invitation.
- Use a layout grid: A layout grid can help you to organize your design elements and ensure that everything is balanced and visually appealing.
- Experiment with typography: Because horizontal invitations offer more space than vertical invitations, you can have a bit more fun with your typography. Try experimenting with different fonts, sizes, and styles to create a unique look.
- Don’t forget about negative space: Negative space can be just as important as the elements on your invitation. Use it to create balance and emphasize certain design elements.
Choosing the Right Paper and Printing Method
Choosing the right paper and printing method is key to creating a high-quality horizontal wedding invitation. Here are a few things to consider:
- Paper weight: Choose a heavier paper weight to ensure that your invitation doesn’t flop or bend when your guests receive it in the mail.
- Finish: Consider a matte or uncoated finish to give your invitation a more luxurious feel.
- Printing method: Digital printing is a cost-effective option, while letterpress or foil stamping can create a more high-end look.
Tips for Wording Your Invitation
Wording your horizontal wedding invitation can be a bit trickier than with a traditional vertical invitation. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Keep it simple: Horizontal invitations can feel cluttered if there’s too much text. Keep your wording concise and to the point.
- Prioritize important information: Make sure that the most important information, such as the date, time, and location, is easy to find and read.
- Consider the layout: Because horizontal invitations are wider than they are tall, it’s important to think about how your wording will be laid out. Consider breaking up your text into columns or using creative alignment to make it easy to read.
Additional Elements to Consider
Here are a few additional elements to consider when designing your horizontal wedding invitation:
- Envelopes: Don’t forget to choose an envelope that fits your horizontal invitation. You may need to order custom envelopes or make adjustments to your design to fit standard sizes.
- RSVP cards: Consider including a separate RSVP card with your invitation. You can choose to make it horizontal as well or opt for a vertical design.
- Enclosures: If you have additional information to share, such as directions or accommodations, consider including separate enclosures that can be stacked neatly behind your invitation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Horizontal Wedding Invitations
- Will a horizontal wedding invitation cost more to mail? No, as long as your invitation fits within standard postal regulations, the cost to mail it will be the same as a vertical invitation.
- Can I use a horizontal design for other wedding stationery? Absolutely! Consider using a horizontal design for save the dates, programs, or even thank you cards.
- What if I have a lot of information to include on my invitation? Horizontal invitations can be a great option if you have a lot of information to include. Consider breaking it up into different sections and using creative typography to make it easy to read.
- Are there any downsides to using a horizontal invitation? One potential downside is that they may not fit in standard invitation envelopes, so you may need to order custom envelopes or make adjustments to your design. Additionally, some guests may be used to traditional vertical invitations and may need a bit of extra guidance when it comes to reading and responding to a horizontal invitation.
Horizontal wedding invitations offer a modern and unique twist on the traditional invitation. By taking the time to carefully design your invitation, choose the right paper and printing method, and word it effectively, you can create an invitation that perfectly reflects your special day. Whether you choose to go horizontal for all of your wedding stationery or just for your invitations, it’s a great way to set your wedding apart and create a lasting impression on your guests.
Either way, we can help make your invites special and memorable. We will help you design an invitation that reflects your style and personality. We have over 200 5-Star Google reviews from brides that we have worked with, so we know how to help you create the perfect wedding invitation. And don’t forget, all of our wedding invitations include creating your custom design, printing your invites and insert cards, and includes matching envelopes.